Monday, June 18, 2007

 

38 weeks . . . hurry up baby!






38 weeks, full-term. We're walking a lot and I'm bouncing on my silly birthing ball, trying to coax the baby to hurry up (hey, it can't hurt). I feel enormous and am down to about 2 different outfits that fit: this blue striped shirt or else the purple shirt I wore to our baby shower (or a big tee-shirt, preferably one of Carolyn's) and either these black pants or else black sweat pants. That's it. And my feet are so puffy that only flip flops work. But I've been wearing these nasty Adidas exclusively and they just feel gross, so this afternoon we made a DSW stop to get new sandals. This was after a stop to see our lawyer to sign our wills, guardianship papers, power of attorney, health proxy stuff, etc.

Avery has been squirming a lot and moving a lot (probably he's trying to get comfortable in a cramped space), but I haven't felt much in terms of cramps or anything for the past couple of days. I REALLY hope when we go to the doctor on Thursday, she gives us a better idea of when we can expect to go into labor AND I hope I'm at least slightly dilated so she can "strip the membranes" and I REALLY hope she can tell us more about his size and position (is his head engaged in my pelvis yet??? Does she think I'll need a C-section??? Can we induce early since he's a big boy???).

I'm tired of being pregnant. Mostly we're just so excited for him to arrive that we don't want to wait anymore. Physically I feel okay, just my feet and ankles are so swollen that walking for long periods of time is hard. Also my lower back hurts when I walk for a long time. But I've been sleeping fine and I can't say that I'm miserable.

BTW, I read that there IS a connection between heartburn and the baby having hair -- it apparently isn't just an old wives tale!

Comments:
Aww, cute pics. You do look like you've got a pretty big baby in there! I hope the next few days go smoothly for you and I hope Avery makes his appearance sooner rather than later!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>