Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

9 weeks 2 days . . .

met with our OB-GYN yesterday; she said "it's like greased lightning!" because we got pregnant so fast. She checked me out, said everything looks fine, and we did yet another ultrasound . . . it looked like a kidney bean with a heartbeat.

I braved Bloomingdales and FAO Schwartz today (I didn't buy anything, I was just over on the East side taking a walk) and I have to say I get SO excited about all the holiday decor and the big city. I love all the window displays and the lights and even all the tourists getting their pictures taken by the FAO Schwartz employee dressed as a soldier.

I feel great still, no nausea, nada. A bit extra tired, that's all.

I'm meeting with a professor at the GC tomorrow to hopefully get the ball rolling with my dissertation.

The semester is almost over. I only have to go to Staten Island 4 more times this semester! We're watching Le Genou de Claire in that class since they discuss it in the textbook. So far, I'm not impressed. A man is attracted to 15 year old girls, especially one named Claire, but he only allows himself the pleasure of touching her knee (hence the title). Yuck. Lots of long boring discussions of love and passion, very French, very philosophical. I don't think I'll show it again.

Comments:
Thanks for the tip on Claire's Knee. we saw it at the video store last night but decided we'd be better entertained by Spartacus.... gotta love the old epic films.

Glad to hear your gummy bear is doing well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>