Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

to be or not to be (pregnant)

went to baby shower tonight, it was great to see our friends and it was quite a party! Our friends put a little pressure on us to do a home pregnancy test to see if we're pregnant, but we kind of don't want to. Last night I started crying because I was suddenly convinced that I am not pregnant after all, and then I was convinced that I was crying due to PMS and that would be the proof that I'm not pregnant. But yesterday was kind of a long, exhausting day and C and I were both a little run down and exhausted by the time we went to bed so we were both kind of broken.

I just keep reminding myself that this was the VERY earliest that we wanted to be pregnant, and if it didn't work this time, it'll work next month. It's okay.

Got a bill for $500 from the RE's office for a year-long semen storage contract (!!!!). The thing is, I think we might have to pay it, because even though we are storing STAN at the sperm bank, we had to have it stored at the RE's office for like 4 days before the IUIs. And so I think we have to go ahead and pay so that we can have STAN (or whatever) sent to the RE's office for the next 12 months without any problems. But if our first IUI did work, I'm going to be pretty annoyed that we have to pay $500 to have our 2 measly vials of STAN stored for the 4 days this past month. Esp. since we're paying a bunch of money to have our other 4 vials stored at the sperm bank for a year.

I'll call to see if the bill was by any chance a mistake ("$500 for 4 days of storage?!?!") but I think we'll have to end up paying it.

moneymoney money woes.

Im teaching French Lit. in Translation and we're studying "Tartuffe" and there's a line about a "wanton hussy" and one of my students asked "What's "wanton" mean?" and another student called out "It's a kind of soup! I always order Won ton soup at Chinese restaurants!"

It was pretty funny :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>