Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

finally it's time!!!

C and I are both here being nerds and typing. She just gave me the ovidrel "trigger" shot. Last night, I still had no ovulation hormone surge, so this morning we went to the RE's office and the physician (the same one who had met with us in March but we hadn't seen him since) looked at me and saw 2 dominant follicles, 1 on each side. 1 was at 21 mm and 1 was at 20 mm I think. There was another medium-sized one at 14mm. He recommended we do a trigger shot to stimulate ovulation and to come in tomorrow (Wed.) and Thursday for back-to-back IUIs using STAN (our donor).

I was VERY nervous for C to give me the shot in my thigh. I HATE shots, and I even hated practicing on the pillow during our insemination class. So I covered my eyes while she did it.

She acted brave, but she was very nervous too. Even now, she is giggling nervously.

The embarassing thing is the shot was SO not a big deal. It barely felt like more than a small pinch. So the trigger shot will "trigger" ovulation to occur between 24 hours and 36 hours from now ( I think) and we will be inseminating in the morning (12 hours from now) and Thursday morning (36 hours from now) so hopefully the timing will be just right.

Go STAN swimmers! GO GO GO!!!!!

Comments:
Whoo-hoo! I feel like someone should give an inspirational speech in preparation of the big day...but I'm not so big on speeches. Soooo--Go STAN team! GO! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>