Sunday, September 03, 2006

 

Art snobs

ahhh, a warm sunny day (finally!). Since this is the first day in a while that both C and I had free plus it's gorgeous outside, we decided to venture out shopping. We even skipped church in favor of a clearance sale at DSW. We went down to Union Square and got C a pair of shoes at DSW (none for me, all the size 10 clearance shoes were ugly ugly ugly. having big feet is frustrating!).

Then we went to Filene's basement and C found a gorgeous jacket for herself and a pair of shorts on clearance for like $5!!! Meanwhile, I found nothing for me and felt a temper tantrum start. I HATE shopping when I feel like nothing fits or looks good or else if I do see something I like, it's too expensive. Then C swept through and instantly found a ton of stuff for me to try on. I don't know how she does it. I got a great green jacket, a pretty blue shirt that was 90% off and a gorgeous marroon top that was also inexpensive and looks good on me. When we got home, I made C look in my closet with me to try and put some outfits together, I don't know, I never know what looks good or what matches. I LOVE the show "What not to wear" but despite watching it all the time, I still don't know "what to wear."

Anyway . . . we also got some baby stuff and a wedding gift for some friends, and then we had lunch at El Cantinero (yum!). Then we walked around this outdoor art festival where artists were selling their paintings. We ended up buying a painting from a woman from New Jersey. I LOVED her stuff, it was a lot of paintings of musicians, and the painting we bought is called "High Heel Harmony" and it is three women, 2 playing violin and 1 playing cello. And it is just very bright and colorful. And since my sisters and I all play an instrument, we thought it was perfect! Since there are 4 of us, it would be even more perfect if there were 4 women in the painting, but that's okay.

We told the artist about how my sisters and I all play the violin or cello and she thought that was very nice so she was willing to take the price down a little (just a little). It is the first "real" piece of art that C and I have bought (a painting that's an original, not just a print). Of course, we have to get it framed too now.

Anyway, it was a very nice day but we spent a lot more money than we had planned. Ah well.

I just did another ovulation predictor. No sign of the hormone (LH?) yet . . .

Comments:
el caninero eh? who taught you about that place anyways? :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>